Friday, June 1, 2012

My Love Letter to Charleston


My parents used to take me to Charleston, SC when I was a little girl. I wish we would have continued to go as I grew up. I can't tell you how many times I have been to that wonderful city but every time I go I still feel like I'm seeing it for the first time! The way the city opens up to you as you drive over the new Ravenel Bridge is like she is saying, "Welcome Home! We missed you!" My heart yearns for Charleston. And if you've never been there, you won't get what I'm saying.

http://images.fineartamerica.com/ima...-kauffmann.jpg
I love to visit the city with people who have never been before! I love doing all the "touristy" things. Boone Hall Plantation, The Battery, USS Yorktown, the carriage rides where the tour guide tells you all the wonderful secrets and history of the town, etc. There is so much to see and do there is no way to do it all in a week! I could walk the streets of Charleston for days just discovering new places and wonderful photographic spots. I recently visited with my Mom (click here to view post) and I think I drove her crazy with how many times I made her stop and wait while I got the perfect shot!

My favorite house on The Battery; The Edmondston-Alston House
 Charleston just holds a certain charm for me. I will live there one day. Not in one of the beautiful homes on the Battery but somewhere close. I will be able to see the the beautiful city every morning and instead of saying, "Welcome Back." it will be saying, "Good morning! What are we exploring today!?" All my dreams are held in Charleston. If anyone asks me what I want out of life my explanation always has Charleston as the setting. It's weird to call it my home since I've never lived there but it is the place where I am the happiest. I know their are other Southerners out there that feel the same way! Please comment below and let me know what your favorite thing about Charleston is!

No comments:

Post a Comment